Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gonna fly now!!! (queue Theme from Rocky...)

Little pups like me have problems judging depth, so maneuvering stairs and steps is a skill that needs practice. I'm old enough now to start the learning process. Since I have resisted climbing stairs in an enclosed stairway, mom and dad took me to outdoor stairs with plenty of open space to ease my fears.
We started out slow - at the small stairs outside the library.
After a few tries, up we go! We practice here several minutes, then mom and dad decide to increase my goal...
to the BIG stairs at the county courthouse.
Gosh, this looks challenging for a little guy like me.
At first, I don't even want to try. But mom walked up a few steps and sat down, calling for me to "come!"... So I ran to her... I think I can do this!
So here we go
Easy does it.. Don't look down..
 Almost there....
Ta Da!  I knew I could do it!
Can you see me waaaaay up there at the top of all those stairs?
 The hardest part is going down. It's a little bit tricky.
 I have to learn to sit at every landing.
I'm taking it slow and easy -- watch your step dad!
Almost done!!  This is a piece of cake!
 Dad says no to these stairs...
We have to save them for another day - when I'm bigger.

Thanks for checking in with me.
Stay tuned for more progress updates!
Later, Smokey

2 comments:

Carol Rone said...

Smokey.........You are really getting big!! All big boys can climb those really "BIG" stairs. Go Mom & Dad!!!

Anonymous said...

We wanted to let you know how much we are enjoying your blog about Smokey. Our son and daughter in law made a donation to South East guide dogs to name Smokey after our Chocolate Lab who passed away last July. We miss him tremendously but have found great joy in sharing in the life of Smokey Jr....all the wonderful things he is doing and knowing all the wonderful things he will do. What you are doing is very special and you have been such a blessing. Thank you for taking the time to share with others so much. God Bless, Jim and Toni Turner

Disclaimer

This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. The views and opinions stated here belong to the blog author and may not accurately reflect those of Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.