Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm a Texas boy!

As the bumper sticker says,
"I was not born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"...
The state flower of Texas is the Bluebonnet...
It grows wild in east and central Texas, but down here on the gulf coast it must be planted..
 Lucky for me, our neighbors down the street have this little crop near their mailbox.  They smell sweet and makes for a great picture or two! (Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Boyd)

Uh oh. I just heard that the Mosquito is the Texas State Bird... I hope mom won't make me pose for pictures with them, too! 

Later, Smokey


No comments:

Disclaimer

This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. The views and opinions stated here belong to the blog author and may not accurately reflect those of Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.